Friday, February 12, 2010

~longing for Spring~

I'm sorry to say this is not the view from my windows...no matter how much I wish it was! I took this picture last Spring of some of my daffodils. I know it won't be that long before I see some blooms but with all the snow we've had this winter it just seems so far away. And now the weatherman is saying we could get several more inches Monday. At least I am getting some things done. I've been cleaning and sewing. Last weekend I went through all of my cookbooks and got out a few that I never use to donate to our Library. I organized the rest and now they aren't falling out on my feet everytime I open the cabinet door to get a recipe.

Today I did lots of dusting, vacuuming and rearranging some of my collections. I also completed a simple little Rabbit make-do and listed it on Ebay last night. And finally, thanks to all the snow keeping me in, I have all of my paperwork for my taxes ready, I just have to deliver them to the guy that does my taxes for me. Last year I didn't get my taxes done until almost April 15th.

Tomorrow I'll clean out my spice cabinet and possibly get some more sewing done. So even though I've been longing for Spring and the daffodils at least I'm making good use of my time and will have a clean house and organized cupboards to show for it. And that does give me a very good feeling.

Till next time...Diane.

3 comments:

Susan Walker said...

It's amazing how productive one can be when we are 'trapped' in the house, isn't Diane! :-) You are amazing and I love your little bunny on Ebay. Stay warm and safe, my friend...Susan

Tallowberry Primitives and FolkArt said...

Thank you, Susan. I'm still cleaning, I'm working on some cabinets today. Hope you didn't get much snow in GA.

Take care and thanks for the visit.

~Diane

GoldieLoo Woodworks said...

Diane, you are inspiring me to get to cleaning my house.
Love your bunnies! ~~Pam

CONTACT ME: dla53@earthlink.net