Monday, July 12, 2010

~monday~

I honestly don't know where the time goes! It's been over a week since I posted here. It's been a busy week and a hot week (several triple digit days), not to mention extremely dry. But today has been cloudy and finally we've gotten a bit of rain.

I spent the week working on pickle, going to Charlottesville for a doctor's appointment and some shopping and on Thursday I went with my Aunt and Uncle to an antique mall. While in Charlottesville I shopped at my favorite quilt shop and found some beautiful fabrics for upcoming Fall and Halloween dolls. I also found several pieces for Christmas. I'll be listing a pumpkin doll on Ebay tomorrow night and I used some of the fabric on her. I'll post a picture here tomorrow, due to the clouds I wasn't able to get any pictures today.

At the antique mall I found a perfect 2 gallon crock, no cracks or chips at all. I saw a few other things but the crock was all I bought. In fact I have some pickle in the crock now.

I didn't get much sewing done last week, I hope to start on another doll in the next day or so. The garden is not producing very well because of the extreme heat and dry weather so I don't expect I'll have much more canning to do so that means more time for sewing. I have lots of designs in mind and am looking forward to getting them made.

Check back tomorrow for the debut of "Dottie Jack".

~Diane

1 comment:

Bittersweet Pastimes said...

Hi Diane! You've got me wanting to go to the quilt shop in Charlottesville after reading your blog! I haven't been since last fall and now I'm a little closer so I'll have to plan a trip. What a neat shop. Are you going to Fishersville next weekend? ~Deb

CONTACT ME: dla53@earthlink.net