Sunday, June 27, 2010

~too hot and way too busy~

Just when I think I'm going to get better about blogging things get crazy around here. The past two weeks have been spent canning stringbeans, freezing squash and working on two crocks of pickle. I'm really amazed I have this much to work on because our weather has been extremely hot and dry. The temps have hovered around 100 several days and even though we had rain showers two evenings this week you really can't tell it. The grass crackles when you walk across the yard. Most days I've had to water my few flowers I put out in the morning and the evening.

Even though I've been staying in and working on the vegetables, I have finally finished a doll. I hope to be able to list her tonight. I'll try to post a picture of her here on the blog. By the way, she's a Halloween Bunny wearing a Witch's hat.

I've been reading on some of the blogs I follow that some of you have received the new issue of Early American Life that features the Directory of American Craftsmen. I'm looking forward to getting my copy and spending some quiet time with a cold drink and looking at the magazine. This and the Christmas issue are my two favorite issues of the year.

I need to get busy and get my pictures done of the doll, hopefully I'll post one here later this evening.

Wishing you all a good Sunday evening...

~Diane

No comments:

CONTACT ME: dla53@earthlink.net