Monday, December 20, 2010

~Christmas Around the House~

I thought I'd share a few pictures of my Christmas decorating. I like to keep things simple starting with my wreaths. I made two of these boxwood wreaths, one at my front door and one at my kitchen door. It's just boxwood pinned to a straw wreath base with floral pins and I added burgundy velvet bows to them.


This old school slate hangs on the side of a kitchen cabinet. The slate belonged to my Great-Grandfather, Alexander Hamilton Martin. You can see his initials, AHM, in the wood framing the slate (at the top). I hung a scented wax gingerbread boy on the slate. Above it is a metal strainer.


Sitting on my kitchen counter is this old metal cabinet, leaning against the wall are breadboards (one of my newer collecting passions) and an old wooden scrub board. On top of the cabinet are two Santas that look like they're made out of chocolate. I tucked a glittery Christmas tree into the yellowware butter crock.



This is an old cupboard, also in my kitchen, that I keep dishes in. On top I have a couple of large spice tins used in a store, a painted Merry Christmas sign on a board, and three Santas that my Mom painted. I tucked some iced greenery around them.


On the top of this pine piesafe are some of my snowmen I've collected through the years.


I tucked a couple of framed Santa pictures, a wax Santa figure and some of the iced greenery in this old wooden carrier. I loved how this turned out!



I hope you enjoyed seeing these few pictures, I have a few more I'll try to post if time allows. This is a busy week, I have 5 coconut cakes, an apple cake, some cookies and fudge to make this week and the time is flying by!

Til later,

Diane

No comments:

CONTACT ME: dla53@earthlink.net