Sunday, June 6, 2010

~hot and busy~

I've been a very lax blogger for the last couple of weeks. This time of year there is so much going on and things that need doing, so I find it difficult to take the time to sit down and write about what's going on. I finished an order and got that mailed out, got some cleaning done, finished up getting my flowers in the planters, have frozen some bags of green peas from the garden and done a few other things.
Last Thursday was spent in Charlottesville. I picked up some nice fabrics for upcoming dolls. I'm slowly working on a doll. I decided to try an Uncle Sam. I don't make many of them and this will probably be the only one for this year. I hope to have him finished up and listed on Ebay later this week.
My next sewing project will be for the TDIPT launch starting next Sunday. I probably won't be ready to list until the middle of that week though. I can't wait to see what the different members will be listing.

The picture is of some of my old tins I collect. I just love the colors. I tend to collect reds, greens and mustard colored tins. I love the tin ones that have paper labels, like the two big square ones in the picture. They held cayenne pepper and nutmeg. The lids are hinged so the store owner could scoop out whatever amount the customer wanted. There's still some nutmeg in the tan one that says "Banquet".

Well I'm off to work on Sam, check back later, I'll try to post a picture of him when he's finished.

till next time,

~Diane

No comments:

CONTACT ME: dla53@earthlink.net